We are Spring Lane School. Welcome to our website.
Spring Lane School is made up of three separate units operating in Bury. We have three individual sites in Radcliffe, Bury town centre and Chesham that are dedicated to supporting secondary age pupils to continue with their education. The majority of our pupils have found various difficulties in mainstream education and attend our centres for support with both academic and vocational studies. The Inclusion Support Team (Outreach) for Bury are also based at our Spring Lane centre in Radcliffe and offer support to those pupils who are still in mainstream education and at risk of exclusion.
Use the navigation links above to find more information about Spring Lane School and what our centres have to offer. Some sections of the website are still under construction. More content and news will be added on a weekly basis and so if you cannot find the information you require please get in contact directly using the Contact Us link.
Spring lane school's Mission statement
We do this through a system of shared values and beliefs where we:
- Provide a nurturing environment where young people feel safe, respected and valued.
- Place young people and their families and carers at the centre of their learning journeys.
- Provide a broad range of opportunities, allowing pupils to progress academically, socially and emotionally.
- Allow young people to meet challenges and develop emotional resilience.
- Enable young people to take responsibility for their choices through an open, fair and consistent approach, which all share.
- Advise and guide young people, supporting their transition to young adulthood.
- Recognise everyone as individuals, celebrating difference and diversity.
- Promote a positive self-image amongst our pupils, developing self-confidence and independence.
- Provide positive role-models, demonstrating respect, tolerance, empathy and high standards of professional practice and behaviour.
- Support and value each other, respecting each other’s contributions as important members of the team.
- Promote robust safeguarding policies and procedures and work with other agencies to ensure the welfare and well-being of all.